So it’s fall in The Greater Binghamton Area of New York.
Everyone’s happily bundled up in their hoodies, sipping their warm pumpkin spice lattes, anticipating Halloween.
Then, there’s me.
Bundled up in three hoodies, sipping an iced caramel latte, mumbling in an overly snarky tone how I hate fall (Says the girl named Autumn.), anticipating the return of summer.
I’m fairly certain I have a Seasonal Depression Disorder of some kind because my productivity and creativity are at all-time lows.
But instead of whining and complaining about the fall, I’ve decided to join my fellow badasses and celebrate 10 spectacular things happening in my life right now!
If you don’t know who these awesome people are, click here to find out!
Meet our fearless, audacious leader here.
1) I just wrapped up my first and only copywriting sale of 2014 called, “Fund My Tattoo”. During this special sale, I appealed to your artsy side by offering my services at over a 75% discount all so I could help you convert more prospects using the written word. I managed to fill all 12 spots all thanks to your passion for fulfilling my need for a new tattoo. It was a huge success, and I have all of you to thank for it! I’ve booked an appointment with my favorite artist. Stay tuned to see the breathtaking design.
2) I’m putting the finishing touches on my first book! And because I’m a huge procrastinator, when I say finishing touches, you know I actually mean still writing the damn thing. This soon-to-be-finished, bestseller focuses on teaching entrepreneurs how to improve their sales language. It’s launch date is December 8th. But stay tuned to find out how you can get an advanced copy, FREE…
3) Snow, my beloved deaf service dog, and I are almost done training! Can you believe it?!?! One year of intensive training, and we’re almost finished. She’s taught me a lot of cool skills that’s translated into stellar business success. You can read our story here and learn the most useful skill she’s taught me to date.
4) It’s almost time for Thanksgiving! Well it’s true that I loathe the cold and pumpkins, I do love Thanksgiving. Sorry, Native Peoples of America. It’s one of the only holidays that I managed to attend as a child in between the times when I was sick and dying in a hospital. Plus, anyone who truly knows me, knows I love food. If you feed me, I’ll be your best friend. Mashed potatoes, stuffing, pies…oh my! I’m practically having a food-gasm in anticipation. Food and family; It doesn’t get any better than that.
5) And when my family gets together for the holidays, there’s bound to be a card game going on! I’m a fairly badass poker player. I’m not good enough to play in tournaments, but I can rock and win a $10 ante. I wildly miss this activity during the summer. It makes me feel as if I have a secret ability instead of constant inabilities associated with my disease. You see, I have no tell because of my muscular dystrophy. Too much physical effort goes into a tell. Nobody can read me. And that, my friends, makes me a very dangerous poker player.
6) I just landed my first paid blogging opportunity! And while I can’t tell you a whole lot about it, I can tell you that I’m thrilled. This is going to open my business up to the ghostwriting world in a much bigger way than before.
7) My community comes together to help the less fortunate! I’m all about volunteering. I participate all year round. This is because I feel the only way to be a productive member of society is to give back. While it saddens me that this sense of community doesn’t happen all year long, the fall reinvigorates my passion for giving away free help. From shelter dogs to business advice, I’m 300 pounds of rolling helpfulness.
8) Remember how I told you to stay tuned to find out how you can get an advanced copy of my upcoming book, FREE… Well, listen up. I’m going to be a presenter at The Celebrating Women In Business Conference on November 13th! This is my first professional speaking engagement where I’m actually getting paid to impart my knowledge upon you. My presentation is called, “Developing an Elevator Speech that $ells”. As a thank you to attendees, I’m giving away an advanced copy of my book in PDF form for FREE! If you’d like more information about the event, please click here. I’d love to see you there! Remember, you’ll only get an advanced copy of my book if you’re an attendee.
9) School supplies are everywhere, and they’re ON SALE!!! Don’t mind me as I squeal in delight. This is a combination of my two favorite things; school supplies and sales. From pens and pencils to notebooks and folders, I’m in heaven. I get to buy multiple items to help me plan out my total world domination. Of course they’re all in obscene colors because I’m a creative, and my brain likes to plot in pretty colors.
10) The anticipation of 2015 and all of its unknowns! In 2015, I’m launching new programs and offering special incentives for my clients. I don’t know if my business will sink or soar, but that’s what makes being an entrepreneur such hard work and so inspiring. That, and my gambling habit.
What 10 spectacular things are happening in your life right now? Shout them from the roof top in the comment’s section.